On the second night of lady sudden death, the competition was fierce! In comparison to last week where the eliminations were pretty clear-cut, I was shocked to see so much talent go home. Here’s how it went down…
2. Candice Glover
O.M.G. Love. This. Girl. I declare her winner. I cannot WAIT to see what else she performs this season. Looking forward to everyone else getting schooled with her master class in singing.
6. AubRey Cleland
She is a good vocalist, she looks great, but there is nothing notable about her. I will forget her in 15 minutes. To me, there is nothing that stands out.
Overall this night was the best of this round so far. The talent was insane, and the results are as follows:
Zoanette, Breanna, Aubrey, Candice, and Janelle are going through to the next round. Several comments (obviously).
- Rachel was considerably better than Janelle tonight, but I understand why they kept Janelle–she probably has more commercial potential and has been better throughout the audition process. But I’m glad for Rachel that she had her time to shine.
- I can’t believe they kept both Aubrey and Breanna. They are both good, and one is not better than the other, but they are going to cancel each other out. They have the same fan base, the same style, and will sing the same songs.
- Cristabel and Jett were probably both better than their performances. Unfortunately, a sub-par performance was enough to get the boot with the talent tonight.
- Little Juliana needs to come back next year. Or go on X Factor. She has some potential but is so young.
- Zoanette. ZOMG. I have no words. Get ready for the Cray Cray, America!
- I hope Candice wins. Master. Effing. Class.
Also, can I just say how much I love Nicki Minaj as an Idol judge? I agree with her like 95% of the time. She gives honest and sane feedback, is critical when necessary, and does not mind handing out praise when deserved. I thought I would hate her, but looks like I suck at pre-judging the judges! Nicki, you and I can hang out any day and talk Idol, little lady bug.
Let me know what you think! Are you happy with the results?